The Episcopal Women’s Caucus, committed to advancing the role and status of women in the church, continues today as the feminist* voice in the Episcopal Church, theologically, spiritually, and politically.
The Episcopal Women’s Caucus is at work today:
- Challenging the church to face its historical complicity in the interlocking, systemic causes of sexual exploitation, oppression and violence;
- Advocating for equal pay for work of equal value in the church and in the world;
- Working for increased appointment or election of women to leadership roles, including the episcopate;
- Provide support for the use and ongoing refinement of liturgical and biblical materials that expand our vision of God and include all of God’s people;
- Work for inclusion of women and minorities in the church Calendar and Sunday lections;
- Encourage familiarity and fluency with new forms of technology which will assist our causes.
*A feminist is anyone who believes that God created males and females equally human.